Can you tell me what you can remember as to what is really important in our life?
- Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
- Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
- Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
- Name 10 people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize
- Name the last dozen Academy award winners for best actor actress.
- Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
How did you do? None of us remembers the headlines of yesterday. See how you do on this one.
- List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
- Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
- Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
- Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
- Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
- Name a half dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
- Name a fire service leader who mentored you.
Easier? The lesson. The people who really make a difference in your life are not the ones with most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones who care. They have been very successful in their lives. Their awards are in our hearts.
Your children need your presence more than they need your presents.
If a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand. – Mark 3:25